If you have a passion for service, health care access and working with an innovative, respected organization, consider joining our team. We are a multi-line, independent insurance agency—established in 1975 and based in Madison. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Wisconsin Medical Society—the professional association for physicians in Wisconsin. This is a full-time position based out of our Madison office.
Disability and Life Insurance Specialist—Career Overview
As a Disability and Life Insurance Specialist with the Wisconsin Medical Society, you can do well while doing good. You will leverage your networking skills in a professional setting, apply your problem-solving skills to improve people’s lives and provide financial confidence to professionals, their families and business owners in the Wisconsin health care community.
If you have a desire to pursue a meaningful career that offers an integrated life and continuous professional development opportunities, while also providing rewards directly in proportion to your efforts, we invite you to explore the opportunity to become an agent of Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance and Financial Services, Inc.
Our top agents share four, key personality traits:
- A desire to help others: successful Disability and Life Insurance Specialists want to have a positive impact on others and make a difference in their community, every single day.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: they aspire to own a business and appreciate the ability to integrate their life with their business—to be present during all the important moments with their families, yet dedicate the time and effort to building a business on their terms.
- Passion: they are passionate about the purpose behind their work and the value it brings to their clients. They are self-motivated to learn and pursue the best possible scenarios for each individual, family or business they work with.
- Desire to grow professionally: they each share a commitment to continued learning. They continue to grow their financial knowledge, seeking attainment of a level of mastery.
What does a Disability and Life Insurance Specialist with Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. actually do?
- They act as a financial advocate for clients, with a commitment to continually enhance, enrich and serve the Wisconsin health care community.
- They problem solve for their clients by researching and proposing educated life and disability insurance strategies, which lead to long-lasting, value-based client relationships.
- They maintain a commitment to engage in a career-long process of ongoing training and education to acquire the most current knowledge of financial products and strategies in changing economic conditions.
- They think like business owners—constantly looking for opportunities to expand their practices by identifying and cultivating new client relationships that complement the mission of the Wisconsin Medical Society, but also expand beyond the target market of physicians.
Wisconsin Medical Society offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes:
- Salary, plus bonus
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan, with a company match
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Back to Society Careers