Held each spring, the Society’s Annual Meeting provides a terrific opportunity for education, enrichment, networking among peers and policy development.
In addition to the House of Delegates (HOD)—the Society’s primary policy-making body—the event also features a two-day educational conference, a networking reception and inaugural ceremony, awards presentations and the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation’s annual fundraising dinner and silent auction.
Delegates to the HOD are members of county medical societies, the Society’s young physician and resident sections, medical student section and special and specialty sections who are elected to represent the interests of their respective groups on policy and other important issues. They also elect Directors, Nominating Committee members, Society officers and AMA Delegates and Alternate Delegates. In addition to serving as delegates, many Society members serve on Reference Committees and other HOD committees to consider and make recommendations to the HOD regarding resolutions, reports of officers, councils and committees and financial and other matters.
The 2019 Annual Meeting is April 5-7 at Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison.
2019 Key Dates
- Feb. 1—Deadline for Society members to submit resolutions for consideration by the HOD (To learn more about resolutions, click here.)
- Feb. 15—Virtual reference committees open online
- Feb. 18 to March 22—District and specialty caucus meetings (Click here* for details.)
- March 5—Deadline to make room reservations at Hilton Madison.
- March 23—Reference Committees held at Society headquarters in Madison and via webinar.
- March 28—Reference Committee reports provided to delegates, alternate delegates and Society officers.
- April 4, 6 p.m.—Board of Director’s meeting at Society headquarters, Madison.
- April 5 – 6—Conference: From Asthma to Zika: A Physician’s Guide to Summer, Monona Terrace, Madison
- April 5, 5 p.m.—Foundation Annual Dinner and Silent Auction
- April 6, 6:30 p.m.—President’s Inauguration and Awards Ceremony
- April 7—House of Delegates
For more details about the 2019 Annual Meeting, click here. (Requires member login. You will be redirected to the login page first.)