Click here for more details about the 2020 Annual Meeting if you’re already logged in as a member.
Held each spring, the Society’s Annual Meeting provides a terrific opportunity for education, enrichment, networking among peers and policy development.
In addition to the House of Delegates (HOD)—the Society’s primary policy-making body—the event also features a two-day educational conference, a networking reception and inaugural ceremony, awards presentations and the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation’s annual fundraising dinner and silent auction.
Delegates to the HOD are members of county medical societies, the Society’s young physician and resident sections, medical student section and special and specialty sections who are elected to represent the interests of their respective groups on policy and other important issues. They also elect Directors, Nominating Committee members, Society officers and AMA Delegates and Alternate Delegates. In addition to serving as delegates, many Society members serve on Reference Committees and other HOD committees to consider and make recommendations to the HOD regarding resolutions, reports of officers, councils and committees and financial and other matters.
The 2020 Annual Meeting is April 17-19 at Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison.
2020 Key Dates
- Feb. 3—Deadline for Society members to submit resolutions for consideration by the HOD (To learn more about resolutions, click here.)
- Feb. 20—Virtual reference committees open online
- Feb. 23 to March 27—District and specialty caucus meetings (Click here* for details.)
- March 17—Deadline to make room reservations at Hilton Madison.
- March 28—Reference Committees held at Society headquarters in Madison and via webinar.
- April 3—Reference Committee reports provided to delegates, alternate delegates and Society officers.
- April 15, 6 p.m.—Board of Director’s meeting at Society headquarters, Madison.
- April 17-18—Conference: Navigating the Transition Zone: Adolescence through young adulthood, Monona Terrace, Madison
- April 17, 5 p.m.—Foundation Annual Dinner and Silent Auction
- April 18, 6:30 p.m.—President’s Inauguration and Awards Ceremony
- April 19—House of Delegates
For more details about the 2020 Annual Meeting, click here if you’re already logged in as a member.
If you need to log in, click here. (You will automatically be redirected to the Annual Meeting page after logging in.)