To ensure that Wisconsin physicians can continue to provide quality medicine and preserve control of medical decisions, it’s important to be engaged in the legislative process and to support political candidates who are good for health care. Here are a few key ways to get involved:
- Form a personal relationship with your elected officials, become a member of our Key Contact Program and volunteer to advise your state and federal representatives on health care issues.
- Increase the political clout and visibility of physicians in Wisconsin by getting involved in WISMedPAC or WISMedDIRECT. You can also contribute online through the Society’s secure e-commerce site.
- Participate in Doctor Day, an annual event event co-sponsored by the Society each February or March at the State Capitol in Madison.
- Talk to your patients, peers and co-workers about public policy issues related to health care.
- Attend political fundraisers and candidate interviews and urge your friends and patients to vote for pro-patient care candidates.