ALC-014: Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Services
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Services: The Wisconsin Medical Society supports:
- Education of all healthcare professionals on SBIRT
- Provision of SBIRT services as well as the removal of barriers to SBIRT service delivery in general medical settings.
- Reimbursement by all third-party private and public healthcare payers for SBIRT services that are provided by physicians, other health care professionals, and other individuals who are supervised by physicians.
- Confidentiality between patient and healthcare professional in SBIRT service delivery.
- Development and implementation of quality metrics and financial incentives to enhance SBIRT (HOD, 0417)