DPS-001: Data Collection Law
Data Collection Law: The Wisconsin Medical Society will study and act on all appropriate and reasonable means (legislative, legal and educational) to:
- Maintain the patient privacy and confidentiality protections written into the data collection law Wis. Stat. § 153.05 (2011-12), as a result of Society advocacy on behalf of patients and physicians.
- Eliminate the assessment on physicians to fund the out-patient data collection program.
- Support funding the program with general purpose revenue in lieu of health care professional assessments.
- Closely monitor the implementation of this law to ensure that there is appropriate physician involvement and physician input/comment in determining the usefulness of the information collected and how the information will be used.
- Ensure that the law be implemented in a manner that is not administratively burdensome or that does not result in increased costs to patients and physicians.
- Advocate for patients by developing a patient education pamphlet explaining the implementation of the Data Collection Law and its possible consequences. (HOD, 0414)