HSR-003: Fee-For-Service Plans in Health System Reform
Fee for Service Plans in Health System Reform: The Wisconsin Medical Society will support health system reform plans that:
- Provide universal access free from rationing, and to include reasonable basic benefits, patient education, and significant patient responsibility for their own health care choices and behavior.
- Include a true fee-for-service option, including balance billing.
- Allow physicians and patients choice of plans and physicians.
- Alleviate regulatory hassles and preserve high quality care.
- Provide meaningful antitrust relief, including the ability for state and county medical associations to form partnerships of physicians for the purpose of being “accountable health plans.”
- Provide true tort reform.
- Provide significant insurance market reforms.
- Recognize the physician’s responsibility and authority in medical decision-making and treatment in conjunction with the patient. (HOD, 0412)