MAN-010: Disclosure to Physicians
Disclosure to Physicians: The Wisconsin Medical Society supports legislation requiring all managed care organizations in Wisconsin to make available to physicians, prior to contract signing:
- Physician payment information that allows potential contracting physicians to know their expected level of payment for services provided.
- Information on how quality of medical care is determined and monitored by that managed care organization.
- A complete description of the appeals process for disputes in medical care.
- A complete description of the appeals process for disputes on payment for services provided.
- Disclosure of the criteria used by the managed care organization for selection and termination of physicians in their network. (HOD, 0418)