To save a copy of this video, click here and then click “download.”
Honoring Choices Wisconsin is a major initiative to build system change, advocacy and education around advance care planning. Through Honoring Choices Wisconsin, the Society serves as convener, coordinator and catalyst to build clinical improvements combined with outreach in communities across the state.
Participating organizations are offering facilitated advance care planning conversations to patients under the guidance of the Respecting Choices® First Steps® program, a pioneering approach developed in La Crosse, Wisconsin. These systems have agreed to embrace a common emphasis on improving the conversation across health systems; use patient-tested forms and informational materials; share lessons learned formally and informally; and support community outreach.
Honoring Choices Wisconsin is also engaging Wisconsinites through faith communities, media, multicultural organizations, support networks and other avenues.
Our mission: to promote the benefits of and improve processes for advance care planning across the state, in health care settings and in the community.
- Adoray Home Health & Hospice
- ADRC of Jefferson County
- Agrace Hospice and Palliative Care
- Amery Hospital and Clinic
- Baldwin Area Medical Center
- Bellin Health
- Care Wisconsin
- Community Care, Inc.
- Fort HealthCare
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic
- Mayo Clinic Health System-Northwest Wisconsin
- Mercy Health System
- Meriter-UnityPoint Health
- My Choice Family Care
- ProHealth Care
- Rainbow Hospice Care
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center
- Richland Center Hospital & Medical Center
- St. Croix Regional Medical Center
- Southwest Health
- UW Health and Unity Health Insurance
- Upland Hills Health
- Watertown Regional Medical Center
- Westfields Hospital and Clinic
- William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
The name “Honoring Choices Wisconsin” is used under license from the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation.
RESPECTING CHOICES® is a registered mark used under license from Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, Inc.