Events and Education
First Steps®ACP National Conference
- Respecting Choices® is hosting the First Steps® National course: September 10-12, Lunda Center – Western Technical College, 319 7th Street, La Crosse, WI. Click here for more information or to register.
Book Signing Event – Live Well Die Well Tour
- Kimberly Paul: Bridging the Gap – August 8, 6:30-8 PM, Elisha D. Smith Public Library, 440 1st St. Menasha, WI
Share the Experience Conference
The Honoring Choices Wisconsin participants come together annually with others from the community to share successes, challenges and lessons learned as we strive to promote and improve advance care planning across the state, in health care settings and in the community.
In lieu of the 2016 annual HCW conference, we had the unique opportunity to learn from others from around the world who are also implementing the Respecting Choices® approach to advance care planning. In September, Respecting Choices hosted its first National Share the Experience conference in Milwaukee.
View highlights of past conferences:
- 2015 Share the Experience Conference
- 2014 Share the Experience Conference
- 2013 Share the Experience Conference
National Healthcare Decisions Day
National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) April 16, is a day to inspire, educate and empower the public and providers about the importance of advance care planning (ACP).
Honoring Choices Wisconsin (HCW) works closely with organizations throughout the state who express interest in planning an NHDD event or activity. HCW manages statewide planning activities, hosts educational events, fosters networking opportunities, develops planning tools and templates and evaluates the statewide impact of NHDD.
Learn more about our annual activities here:
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
The name “Honoring Choices Wisconsin” is used under license from the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation.
RESPECTING CHOICES® is a registered mark used under license from Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, Inc.