- Wisconsin Medical Society leads efforts to create Advance Directive Registry
- Honoring Choices Wisconsin/Respecting Choices collaborate
- Plan now for National Healthcare Decisions Week, April 16-22
- Partnership aims to increase advance care planning in Milwaukee
- 2018 National Share the Experience Call for Abstracts
- Welch joins PCNOW Board of Directors
National Healthcare Decisions Week is less than two months away making now the time to plan events and activities to promote a better public understanding of advance care planning.
April 16 is the annual day designated as National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) intended to inspire, educate and empower the public and health care professionals about the importance of advance care planning. Through this initiative individuals are encouraged to express their health care wishes and to remind health care providers and facilities to respect those wishes.
During the week-long event, each day has a theme with one area of focus. The daily themes are:
Monday, April 16: NHDD/Prepare
- Host your main event, since it’s NHDD, or use it as a day to get resources together!
Tuesday, April 17: Start with Yourself
- A day to think about your own healthcare decisions
Wednesday, April 18: Family/Friends/Loved Ones
- A day to discuss your wishes with others (and learn their wishes)
Thursday, April 19: Spread the Word
- A day to tell others that you’ve engaged in advance care planning and encourage them to do the same
Friday, April 20: Facilities Focus
- A day for healthcare providers of all sorts to promote advance care planning
Saturday, April 21: Professionals Preparedness
- A day to ensure that all professionals (healthcare, clergy, legal and others) understand and can promote advance care planning
Sunday, April 22: Reflection and Readiness
- Consider what worked well for NHDD week and file or share your advance care plans so they will be available if needed.
Anyone who hosts a NHDD community education event, large or small can be an official participant of National Healthcare Decisions Day/Week.
- Pledge to participate. NHDD wants to have an idea of how many people will be joining the movement and can help connect to others in your region.
- Sign up for the NHDD newsletter.
- Visit NHDD’s Resources section to find more information and start planning!
The name “Honoring Choices Wisconsin” is used under license from the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation.
RESPECTING CHOICES® is a registered mark used under license from Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, Inc.
Back to March 5, 2018 newsletter