Honoring Choices Wisconsin Director
Monica Messina is the program director for Honoring Choices Wisconsin at the Wisconsin Medical Society and is Respecting Choices First Steps® Advance Care Planning Organizational faculty. She has several years of experience in the planning and management of continuing medical education (CME) activities as well as experience in teaching adult learners in community health. Monica has worked in the CME field both at the Wisconsin Medical Society and at Meriter Hospital, where she also supported the Ethics Committee work and many educational events in the field of bioethics.
- Chair: Donn Dexter, MD, Mayo Health System-NW Wisconsin and past CMO, Wisconsin Medical Society
- Ben Adams, JD, Adams & Woodrow SC
- John Barkmeier, MD, Fox Valley Coalition for Advance Care Planning
- Richard Dart, MD, Past President, Wisconsin Medical Society
- Noel Deep, MD, Aspirus Clinics, Inc. and President, Wisconsin Medical Society
- James Deming, MD, Mayo Health System-NW Wisconsin
- Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD, Medical College of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital
- Beth Falhberg, PhD, RN, CHPN, Chair, Palliative and End-of Life Nursing Coalition of the Wisconsin Nurses Association (PEOLCNC)
- Claire Gervais, MD, UW Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Tim Jessick, DO, Aurora Health Care
- Toni Kesler, MSN, RN, FNP, ACHPN, VITAS® Healthcare
- George M. Lange, MD, FACP, Past President, Wisconsin Medical Society
- Pamela McGranahan, RN, DNP, University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Nursing
- Monica Messina, PhD, Director, Honoring Choices Wisconsin
- Wendy Peltier, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Joyce Smerick, BS, Respecting Choices® and past Director, Honoring Choices Wisconsin
- Bruce Weiss, MD, MPH, UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin
- Kathleen Ziemba, MSW, LCSW, Respecting Choices®
Back to Honoring Choices Wisconsin
The name “Honoring Choices Wisconsin” is used under license from the Twin Cities Medical Society Foundation.
RESPECTING CHOICES® is a registered mark used under license from Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, Inc.