Expiration date: February 10, 2018
Estimated time to complete this activity: six months
The intended audience for this activity is physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Use performance measures to assess current patient experience.
- Identify areas for improvement in performance measures associated with patient experience.
- Apply the performance improvement process to identify changes for continuous improvement.
The Wisconsin Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Wisconsin Medical Society designates this PI CME activity for a maximum of 20.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification Statement
This Quality Improvement (QI) Effort meets Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV Standards and Guidelines for the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Multi-Specialty Portfolio Approval Program Organization (Portfolio Program) and is eligible for MOC Part IV though participating ABMS Member Boards.
As an approved Portfolio Program Sponsor, the Wisconsin Medical Society has been approved by the ABMS Portfolio Program to approve QI Efforts for MOC Part IV through Oct. 1, 2017.
Method of Participation
As part of this activity, participants will implement a performance improvement project in their practice. This activity allows six months to complete, but the pace of completion will be determined by participation of the physicians and staff.
It is the policy of the Wisconsin Medical Society (Society) to ensure balance, independence and objectivity in all of its educational activities. For all CME activities, planners, faculty and authors must disclose to participants prior to any educational activities the existence of any relevant financial interest or any other relationship that a planner, faculty, author or their spouse/partner may have (currently or in the past 12 months) with the commercial supporter or manufacturer(s) of any commercial product/service discussed in an educational presentation. The planners and faculty for this PI CME activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Brandon Parkhurst, MD, Marshfield Clinic
- Paul Summerside, MD, BayCare Clinic, LLP / BayCare Health Systems, LLC
- Bud Chumbley, MD, Wisconsin Medical Society Holdings
- Karen Miller, BayCare Clinic, LLP / BayCare Health Systems, LLC
- Cindy Helstad, PhD, Wisconsin Medical Society
- Susan Wiegmann, PhD, Wisconsin Medical Society
The Wisconsin Medical Society (Society) retains records solely for record keeping in accordance with ACCME policies. The Wisconsin Medical Society has created this policy, which states our firm commitment to the privacy of our users. It discloses information gathering and dissemination practices of the Internet-based websites of the Wisconsin Medical Society. Click here for the Society’s full privacy statement.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Desktops/Laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 (or latest version) with at least 2GB of RAM
- Supported Browsers: Latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer (IE 10 or higher)
Credits will be issued by Wisconsin Medical Society to participants who complete this PI CME activity. A certificate will be e-mailed upon completion.
P.O. Box 1109
Madison, Wisconsin 53701-1109
Phone: 608.442.3800 or 866.442.3800 (toll free)
Back to Performance Improvement