Click on the titles below to access articles by Darold Treffert, MD, and others on many specific aspects of Savant Syndrome.
- My marvelous journey with incredible savants: What have I learned?
- Savant Syndrome 2013 — Myths and Realities
- The Savant Registry — A Preliminary Report
- The Case of the 'Sudden' Savant
- Dr. J. Landon Down and 'Developmental' Disorders
- Prodigy and Savant Syndrome: Are they related?
- A Gene for Savant Syndrome?
- Giftedness and Autism: Savant Skill Fact Sheet (Dr. Trevor Clark) (pdf)
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NLD or NVLD)
- Music Instruction and Verbal Memory… a Cognitive Side-effect
- Adapted Bikes as a Therapy Tool
- 'Ancestral' or 'Genetic' Memory: Factory Installed Software
- Perfect Pitch
- Musical Genius, Blindness and Mental Handicap: An Intriguing Triad
- Head Size, Autism and (?) Savant Syndrome
- Event-related Brain Potentials
- The Polyglot (language) Savant
- The Application of Savant and Splinter Skills in the Autistic Population Through an Educational Curriculum (Dr. Trevor Clark)
- Asperger's Disorder and Savant Syndrome
- Hyperlexia: Reading Precociousness or Savant Skill? (Download PDF)
- 2000 and Beyond Where We've Been/Where We're Headed
- The Autistic Savant
- A Savant Odyssey: from wmhi.hospital to www.web
- Williams Syndrome and Savant Syndrome
- In Search of the Savant Within Us Using rTMS
- Is There a Little 'Rain Man' in Each of Us?
- Rain Man, The Movie / Rain Man, Real Life
- Autistic Disorder: 52 Years Later: Some Common Sense Conclusions
- Hyperthymestic Syndrome: Extraordinary Memory for Daily Life Events
- Myths that Persist: Savant Syndrome 2008
- The “Acquired” Savant—“Accidental” Genius: Could such dormant potential exist within us all?
For more information, please contact:
Darold A. Treffert, MD
St. Agnes Hospital, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison
Personal website: www.daroldtreffert.com