The Wisconsin Medical Society’s House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for several Society offices. All nominations materials are due Friday, January 3.
The Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for:
- President-Elect for 2014-2015
- Vice Speaker of the House for 2015 and 2016 – Michael Miller, MD, of Oconomowoc (incumbent).
- AMA Delegate (one position) for calendar year 2015 – Clarence Chou, MD, of Milwaukee (incumbent).
- AMA Delegate (one position) for calendar year 2015 and 2016 – Paul Wertsch, MD, of Madison (incumbent).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter not to exceed one page in length, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office being sought and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict-of-interest) form by January 3. Nomination forms are available here.*
The Nominating Committee will meet Friday, January 31 at Society Headquarters in Madison. Committee members will interview and evaluate candidates and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Saturday, April 5 at the 2014 Annual Meeting in Green Bay.
The 2013-2014 Nominating Committee members are:
- District 1—Edith McFadden, MD, Milwaukee; Michael Lischak, MD, of Brookfield; Anthony Otters, MD, of Nashotah; Steven Andrews, MD, of Muskego; Andrew Beykovsky, MD, of Brookfield; Mark DeCheck, MD, of Racine; Tom Derrig, MD, of Summit; Don Lee, MD, of Franklin; Tracy McCall, MD, of Waukesha; George Morris, MD, of Milwaukee; Steve Murphy, MD, of Milwaukee.
- District 2—Julie Fagan, MD, of Madison; Claudia Reardon, MD, of Madison; Jake Behrens, MD, of Madison; Elizabeth Pritts, MD, of Madison; Cortney McCaughey, MD, of Madison; Alan Schwartzstein, MD, of Oregon.
- District 3—Jeff Rodzak, MD, of Onalaska.
- District 4—Noel Deep, MD, of Antigo; Duane Myklejord, MD, of Marshfield; Kevin Flaherty, MD, of Wausau.
- District 5—Mark Kehrberg, MD, of Oshkosh; Thomas Luetzow, MD, of Fond du Lac.
- District 6—Bruce Neal, MD, of Green Bay; Nicky Plementosh, MD, of Green Bay.
- District 7—Christopher Ott, MD, of Menomonie.
- District 8—Matthew Horning, MD, of Ashland.
- Specialty Sections—A. Nisar Akbar, MD, of Mequon.
Note: The Society will post candidate questionnaires and cover letters in the “members only” section of its website, where conflict-of-interest forms for all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee also will be available.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to: Rick Abrams, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701 or sent via e-mail to Noreen Krueger.