To assist physicians and their teams with the many changes occurring with Medicare, the Wisconsin Medical Society again is partnering with WPS Medicare to present a day-long seminar in March. Penny Osmon Bahr, BA, CHC, CPC, CPC-I, PCS, and Mary Muchow of WPS Medicare will discuss changes to Medicare Part B policies, procedures and reimbursement in the Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule for 2013.
The seminar will be held Tuesday, March 19 in Madison; Wednesday, March 20 in Brookfield; and Thursday, March 21 in Green Bay from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Other key topics on the agenda include:
- Changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- The impact of the Value-based Payment Modifier on Wisconsin physicians
- Enhanced primary care and care coordination initiatives
- Changes to the Physician Compare website
- How to navigate impending quality initiative penalties
- Coding and billing updates
Ms. Osmon Bahr and Ms. Muchow also will share a Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) award update, WPS-specific news and much more. The day will conclude with an open forum-style question-and-answer session, providing participants with the opportunity to get answers to their Medicare questions so they can begin seeing immediate results.
The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) has approved this seminar for five continuing education units (CEUs). For more details and to register, click here.
Back to February 28, 2013 Medigram