The House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee is requesting nominations for the following Society offices:
- President-Elect for 2014-2015
- Vice Speaker of the House for 2015 and 2016 – Michael Miller, MD, of Oconomowoc (incumbent)
- AMA Delegate (one position) for calendar year 2015 – Clarence Chou, MD, of Milwaukee (incumbent)
- AMA Delegate (one position) for calendar year 2015 and 2016 – Paul Wertsch, MD, of Madison (incumbent)
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter not to exceed one page in length, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office that you are seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form by Friday, January 3, 2014 for review by the Nominating Committee members. All forms are available here.
The Nominating Committee will meet Friday, January 31, 2014 at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The Committee will interview and evaluate candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at the Annual Meeting in Green Bay.
The 2013-2014 Nominating Committee members are:
- District 1—Edith McFadden, MD, Milwaukee; Michael Lischak, MD, of Brookfield; Anthony Otters, MD, of Nashotah; Steven Andrews, MD, of Muskego; Andrew Beykovsky, MD, of Brookfield; Mark DeCheck, MD, of Racine; Tom Derrig, MD, of Summit; Don Lee, MD, of Franklin; Tracy McCall, MD, of Waukesha; George Morris, MD, of Milwaukee; Steve Murphy, MD, of Milwaukee
- District 2—Julie Fagan, MD, of Madison; Claudia Reardon, MD, of Madison; Jake Behrens, MD, of Madison; Elizabeth Pritts, MD, of Madison; Cortney McCaughey, MD, of Madison; Alan Schwartzstein, MD, of Oregon
- District 3—Jeff Rodzak, MD, of Onalaska
- District 4—Noel Deep, MD, of Antigo; Duane Myklejord, MD, of Marshfield; Kevin Flaherty, MD, of Wausau
- District 5—Mark Kehrberg, MD, of Oshkosh; Thomas Luetzow, MD, of Fond du Lac
- District 6—Bruce Neal, MD, of Green Bay; Nicky Plementosh, MD, of Green Bay
- District 7—Christopher Ott, MD, of Menomonie
- District 8—Matthew Horning, MD, of Ashland
- Specialty Sections—A. Nisar Akbar, MD, of Mequon
Note: The Society will immediately post completed candidate questionnaires and cover letters on the Society’s website in the “members only” section. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees in the “members only” section of the Society’s website after nomination by the Committee.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to: Rick Abrams, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701 or sent via e-mail to Noreen Krueger.
Back to November 14, 2013 Medigram