The number of Wisconsin general and critical access hospitals named to The Joint Commission’s Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® program for 2013 (using 2012 data) more than doubled over the previous year. In 2012, 12 of the 80 hospitals that submitted data were honored. This year, 31 of the 81 hospitals submitting data were recognized for “their exemplary performance in providing evidence-based interventions in the right way and at the right time,” according to The Joint Commission’s Annual Report on Quality and Safety 2013. Nationwide, 1,099 hospitals were named “Top Performers.”
Three hospitals in Wisconsin have been named Top Performers each of the past three years: Aurora Health Care Southern Lakes, Inc., Burlington; Good Samaritan Health Center of Merrill, Wisconsin, Inc., Merrill; and Aurora Health Care Central, Inc., Sheboygan.
In addition, these nine hospitals were named Top Performers in both 2012 and 2013:
- St. Clare Hospital, Baraboo
- Black River Memorial Hospital, Inc., Black River Falls
- Aurora Health Care Southern Lakes, Inc., Elkhorn
- Aurora BayCare Medical Center, Green Bay
- Aurora Medical Center of Washington County, Hartford
- Aurora Medical Center of Oshkosh
- Mercy Medical Center, Oshkosh
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – All Saints, Inc., Racine
- Aurora Health Care North, Inc., Two Rivers
Click here to access the Annual Report, which also summarizes the performance of all Joint Commission-accredited hospitals on 47 accountability measures of evidence-based care processes closely linked to positive patient outcomes. Top Performer hospitals also are highlighted on The Joint Commission website and on its Quality Check® website.
Back to November 7, 2013 Medigram