Members interested in running for open Wisconsin Medical Society offices are reminded to submit their nomination materials to the House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee by Friday, Jan. 2, 2015.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2015-2016
- Speaker of the House for 2016-2017 to succeed Charles Rainey, MD (Note: Dr. Rainey has served the maximum number of terms as Speaker. Based on the outcome of the election process, the position of Vice Speaker could become vacant this year. Therefore, candidates should indicate in their cover letter whether they would like to be considered solely for the position of Speaker or for both positions if the position of Speaker is filled and the Vice Speaker position becomes available.)
- AMA Delegate (two positions) for calendar year 2016— Clarence Chou, MD, of Milwaukee (ineligible for another term); Michael Miller, MD, of Oconomowoc (incumbent).
- AMA Delegate (two positions) for calendar years 2016 and 2017—Timothy G. McAvoy, MD, of Waukesha (incumbent); Charles J. Rainey, MD, of River Hills (incumbent).
- AMA Alternate Delegate (three positions) for calendar year 2016—Andrea C. Hillerud, MD, of Eau Claire (incumbent); Barbara A. Hummel, MD, of West Allis (incumbent); Tosha B. Wetterneck, MD, of Madison (incumbent).
- AMA Alternate Delegate (two positions) for calendar years 2016 and 2017—George M. Lange, MD, of River Hills (incumbent); Claudia L. Reardon, MD, of Madison (incumbent).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. Click here* to download the necessary forms and to learn more about the nomination process.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to Rick Abrams, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701, or sent via e-mail to Noreen Krueger.
The HOD Nominating Committee will meet on Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the HOD at the Annual Meeting in Madison, Saturday, April 25, 2015.
Note: The Society will immediately post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter in the “members-only” section of the Society website. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees in the “members-only” section of the Society’s website after nomination by the Committee.
For questions or more information, e-mail Noreen Krueger.
Back to December 18, 2014 Medigram