A variety of Resident Fellow Section (RFS) leadership positions are available. RFS members are encouraged to apply in order to ensure that young physicans’ voices are heard on important issues that will shape the future of health care. Available spots for the RFS Governing Council are for one-year terms and include:
- RFS representative to the Society’s Board of Directors
- Vice chair
- At-large governing council member (2 positions)
- RFS delegate to the Society’s Annual Meeting
- AMA RFS delegate (11 positions) – candidates must be available to attend the AMA’s annual meeting June 5-7 in Chicago and the AMA’s interim meeting November 6-8 in Dallas. (The Society will reimburse for up to four RFS members to attend the AMA meetings.)
- District regional councilor (8 positions – one from each Society-designated state region)
Applications for RFS leadership positions will be accepted through March 14. Physicians interested in running for any of the positions listed above may click here to complete the online form.
Completed applications will be posted in the password-protected Member Resources section of the Society’s website, in accordance with 2008 Resolution 8. Candidates selected as nominees will be required to complete a conflict of interest form, which also will be posted in the Member Resources section of the Society’s website.
In addition to elections for these leadership positions, a conference call will be held at noon on March 26 for RFS members who would like to hear from the applicants and discuss resolutions for the upcoming House of Delegates meeting. An election notice will be sent March 26 by e-mail to all RFS members and voting will be completed by 5 p.m. March 27.
Back to February 20, 2014 Medigram