Hundreds of health care professionals attended the Wisconsin Medical Society’s 2014 Symposium this week, learning about a wide range of topics and networking with colleagues and exhibitors. Society members, several nationally known speakers and Society staff members shared their expertise with Symposium participants.
Society member Claire Reed, MD, with Bridge Clinic in Wausau, called the Symposium “very worthwhile for physicians, applicable to daily practice in both a large system or small clinic.”
Participants included physicians, practice managers, coding and billing specialists, quality and compliance staff and other health care professionals from the Midwest. Sessions addressed ICD-10, advance care planning, evaluation and management (E/M) coding, specialty coding, data analytics and compliance and quality and more.
Symposium 2014 marks the fourth year the Society has called on select members of the health care community to help develop the program. Advisory Committee members offered guidance to Society staff to ensure that this year’s event provided actionable knowledge for every participant. With the successful completion of Symposium 2014, the Society extends its appreciation to the following Advisory Committee members for sharing their time and talents.
- Karla Danielski, RHIT, Coding Supervisor/Outpatient Compliance Auditor, Bellin Health
- Kerin Draak, MS, RN, WHNP-BC, CPC, CEMC, COBGC, Director of ICD-10 Implementation, Prevea
- Kitty Guzikowski, Billing Manager, ProHealth Solutions
- Mellisa Meeks, DHA (ABD), MHA, CPC, CMRS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer, Coding Manager, Madison Medical Affiliates/Columbia St. Mary’s
- Karen Miller, RN, MS, CPHQ, Director of Quality/Risk Management, BayCare Health Systems
- Cheryll Poissant, Director of Clinical Operations, Neuroscience Group
- Leslie Swoboda, RHIT, CCS-P, Clinical Documentation Specialist II, Mayo Clinic Health System Eau Claire
- Brian Theiler, CEO, Gundersen Tri-County Hospital and Clinics
Save the date: The 16th annual Symposium is already on the books for Oct. 11-13, 2015, at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells.
Back to October 23, 2014 Medigram