Two key deadlines related to the Wisconsin Medical Society’s 2016 Annual Meeting are fast approaching. Nominations for open Society offices are due by Monday, Jan. 4, 2016, and resolutions for consideration by the House of Delegates (HOD) must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., on Monday, Feb. 1.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2016-2017
- Vice Speaker for 2017 and 2018—to succeed Jay Gold, MD, JD, of Madison. (Doctor Gold is serving an unexpired term and is eligible for reelection to a full term.)
- AMA Delegate for 2017 and 2018 (three positions)—Michael Miller, MD, Madison; Paul Wertsch, MD, Madison; and Tosha Wetterneck, MD; Madison (incumbents).
- AMA Alternate Delegate 2017 and 2018 (two positions)—Barbara Hummel, MD, West Allis; Jake Behrens, MD, Madison (incumbents).
- AMA Alternate Delegate 2016 (one position)—vacant.
- AMA Alternate Delegate 2017 and 2018 (one position)—vacant.
Click here to read more about submitting nominations to Society offices.
To help shape Society policy on important medical issues, all Society members may submit resolutions for consideration by the HOD during the Annual meeting, which is April 2-3 in Madison. Any resolution received after the Feb. 1 deadline will be considered a “late resolution,” unless it is presented by the Board of Directors, the Speaker, Vice Speaker, constitutional officer or by a council or committee of the Society or the HOD. Click here for more information, including guidelines for drafting about submitting resolutions, as well as information about the late resolution process.
For more information about the 2016 Annual Meeting, click here.*
Back to December 17, 2015 Medigram