The caucus meetings for the Wisconsin Medical Society’s eight districts have all been set and are scheduled mid-March through mid-April. The meetings offer delegates and other Society members from each district the opportunity to review and discuss resolutions submitted for consideration by the House of Delegates (HOD) prior to the Annual Meeting, April 25-26 in Madison. The caucus meetings also provide an opportunity for physicians who may not be able to participate in the Annual Meeting to have their voices heard.
This year’s district caucus schedule is as follows:
- District 1—Monday, March 30, 6 p.m. dinner and 6:30 p.m. start, location TBD.
- District 2—Sunday, April 12, 11 a.m., Society Headquarters, Madison.
- District 3—Tuesday, April 14, 5:30 p.m. social and 6 p.m. start, La Crosse Country Club, Onalaska.
- District 4—Tuesday, March 24, 6 p.m. social and 6:30 p.m. start, Pinewood Supper Club, Mosinee.
- District 5—Wednesday, April 15, 6:30 p.m., Robbins Restaurant, Oshkosh.
- District 6—Wednesday, March 18, 6:30 p.m. social and 7 p.m. start, The Wellington Restaurant, Green Bay.
- District 7—Wednesday, March 18, 6 p.m. start, Galloway Grille, Eau Claire.
- District 8—Thursday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. start, The Platter Restaurant, Ashland.
Additional details are available online*. The Annual Meeting handbook, which includes all of the resolutions to be considered by the HOD, will be available March 13. Each resolution also will be available online Feb. 26.
District members are asked to e-mail Casey Pieper in the Society’s Government and Legal Affairs Department to RSVP for their respective district caucus meeting.
Back to February 19, 2015 Medigram