Nominations are being accepted for a number of leadership positions within the Wisconsin Medical Society’s Resident Fellow Section (RFS) Governing Council. RFS members are encouraged to get involved in order to ensure that resident physicians’ voices are heard on important issues that will shape the future of health care.
The following one-year terms are open:
- RFS representative to the Society’s Board of Directors
- Vice chair
- At-large governing council member (two positions)
- RFS delegate to the Society’s Annual Meeting (April 25-26 in Madison)
- AMA RFS delegate (11 positions) – candidates must be available to attend the AMA’s annual meeting June 4-6 in Chicago and the AMA’s interim meeting November 12-14 in Atlanta. (The Society will reimburse for up to four RFS members to attend the AMA meetings.)
- District regional councilor (8 positions – one from each Society-designated state region)
The deadline to apply for these positions is March 18. Click here to complete the online nomination form. Details of the Resident Fellow Section and Young Physicians Section elections is available here.*
Completed applications will be posted in the password-protected Member Resources section of the Society’s website, in accordance with 2008 Resolution 8. Candidates selected as nominees will be required to complete a conflict of interest form, which also will be posted in the Member Resources section of the Society’s website.
In addition to elections for these leadership positions, a conference call will be held at noon on March 26 for RFS members who would like to hear from the applicants and discuss resolutions for the upcoming House of Delegates meeting. An election notice will be sent March 26 via e-mail to all RFS members, and voting will be completed by March 29.
Back to February 19, 2015 Medigram