Multidisciplinary Management of Chronic Pain: A Practical Guide for Clinicians, a textbook written by Wisconsin Medical Society member Sridhar Vasudevan, MD, was recently published by Springer, a 170-year-old publishing house geared toward the scientific, technical and medical fields.
Doctor Vasudevan’s book—the culmination of two years of work—emphasizes and explores the multifactorial causes of pain, includes self-help exercises that clinicians can teach patients and instructs medical professionals in developing multidisciplinary pain programs. Coverage includes:
- Pain theories and factors behind chronic pain—its application in treatment.
- Cognitive behavioral coping strategies.
- Treatments that have questionable or controversial evidence.
- Evaluation of disability in patients with chronic pain.
- Creating a virtual multidisciplinary team.
- Common pain problems: low back pain, complex regional pain syndrome, myofascial pain syndrome, fibromyalgia.
Click here for more information.
Back to October 1, 2015 Medigram