Groups of two or more eligible professionals (EPs) can avoid the -2 percent calendar year 2018 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) payment adjustment by meeting the satisfactory reporting criteria through the 2016 PQRS Group Reporting Option (GPRO). The Physician Value-PQRS Registration System is now open through June 30 for groups to select a GPRO reporting mechanism:
- Qualified PQRS registry.
- Electronic reporting using certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT).
- Web interface (for groups with 25 or more EPs only).
- Qualified clinical data registry.
- Consumer assessment of health providers and systems (CAHPS) for PQRS survey via a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services-certified survey vendor (in addition to another GPRO reporting mechanism).
Avoiding the 2018 PQRS payment adjustment by satisfactorily reporting via PQRS GPRO is one of the ways groups can avoid the automatic downward payment adjustment under the value modifier (-2 percent or -4 percent depending on the size and composition of the group) and qualify for adjustments based on performance in 2018. Alternatively, groups that choose not to report via the PQRS GPRO in 2016 must ensure that the EPs in the group participate in the PQRS as individuals in 2016 and at least 50 percent of the EPs meet the criteria to avoid the 2018 PQRS payment adjustment.
Click the links below for more information:
- 2016 PQRS GPRO Registration Guide
- PQRS GPRO Registration webpage
- PQRS Payment Adjustment Information webpage
- CAHPS for PQRS Made Simple
Editor’s note: This information is reprinted from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Back to June 16, 2016 Medigram