The Young Physician Section (YPS) and the Resident Fellow Section (RFS) elected their respective Governing Council members during the past week. The YPS and RFS Governing Councils raise issues important to young physicians and residents, and both sections are represented on the Wisconsin Medical Society’s Board of Directors.
Among those elected are:
- Angela Janis, MD, YPS representative to the Society’s Board of Directors
- Amy Liepert, MD, Chair-elect, YPS Governing Council
- Casey Melcher, MD, RFS representative to the Society’s Board of Directors
- Klint Peebles, MD, Chair, RFS Governing Council
- Laurel Bessey, MD, Vice Chair, RFS Governing Council
Click here to view the complete 2016 election results.
The YPS, which is comprised of physicians, who are under age 40 or who have been in practice less than five years, is dedicated to ensuring physician satisfaction and providing a means by which young physicians can communicate their opinions and concerns.
The RFS gives residents a voice in the future of medicine. Its members work to develop events and programs for their peers and are encouraged to work on Society strategic councils and task forces that deal with myriad policies important to organized medicine.
Back to March 17, 2016 Medigram