Nominations are now being accepted for several Wisconsin Medical Society offices. All nomination materials are due to the Society’s House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee by Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2018-2019
- Vice Speaker for 2019 and 2020—to succeed Jay Gold, MD, of Madison. (Doctor Gold is eligible for reelection.)
- AMA Delegate for 2019 and 2020 (three positions)—Michael Miller, MD, of Oconomowoc; Paul Wertsch, MD, of Madison; Tosha Wetterneck, MD, of Madison (incumbents).
- AMA Alternate Delegate 2019 and 2020 (three positions)—Barbara Hummel, MD, Greenfield; Jacob Behrens, MD, Madison; Keshni Ramnanan, MD, of Pewaukee (incumbents).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. The candidate questionnaire forms are available here.*
The House of Delegates Nominating Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 26, 2018, at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Saturday, April 14, 2018, at the Annual Meeting in Madison.
Those serving on 2017-2018 House of Delegates Nominating Committee are:
- District 1—Steven Andrews, MD, of Muskego; Andrew Beykovsky, MD, of Brookfield; Don Lee, MD, of Franklin; George Morris, MD, of Milwaukee; Michelle Graham, MD, of Milwaukee; Julie Schuller, MD, of Milwaukee; Stephen Wagner, MD, of Burlington; Joshua Gershtenson, MD, of Kenosha; Andrew Kastenmeier, MD, of Milwaukee; David G. Tylicki, MD, of Summit.
- District 2—Alan Schwartzstein, MD, of Oregon; Julie Fagan, MD, of Madison; Sandra Osborn, MD, of Verona; Catherine Lee, MD, of Madison; Luke Bradbury, MD, of Madison.
- District 3—Erik Gundersen, MD, of Onalaska; Joseph Behn, MD, on La Crosse.
- District 4—Kevin Flaherty, MD, of Wausau; Duane Myklejord, MD, of Marshfield; Larry Gordon, DO, of Weston.
- District 5—Gerald Clarke, MD, of Oshkosh; Karen Meyer, MD, of Fond du Lac.
- District 6—Nicky Plementosh, MD, of Green Bay; Steve Hathway, MD, of Green Bay.
- District 7—Gurdesh Singh Bedi, MD, of St. Croix Falls; Thomas Joles, MD, of Eau Claire.
- District 8—Cynthia Hart, MD, of Ashland.
- Specialty Sections—Rose Campise-Luther, MD, of Wauwatosa.
- Resident/Fellow—Jamie Schneider, MD, of Milwaukee.
- Medical Students—Courtney Schwebach, Medical College of Wisconsin; Aaron Anderson, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to Bob Foulks, Interim CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701. Communications also can be e-mailed to Noreen Krueger. Click here to learn more about the nominating process and to download the candidate questionnaires and the conflict of interest form.*
Note: The Society will post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter in the “members only” section of the Society website upon submission. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees in the “members only” section of the Society’s website after nomination by the Committee.
For questions or more information, e-mail Noreen Krueger.
Back to October 12, 2017 Medigram