The nomination deadline for open Wisconsin Medical Society offices is fast approaching. All materials are due to the Society’s House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee by Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
Nominations are sought for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2019-2020.
- Speaker for 2020 and 2021—to succeed Michael Miller, MD, of Middleton. (Doctor Miller is eligible for reelection.)
- AMA Delegate for 2020 and 2021 (two positions)—George M. Lange, MD, River Hills; Charles Rainey, MD, River Hills (incumbents)
- AMA Alternate Delegate for 2019 and 2020 (one position)—currently vacant.
- AMA Alternate Delegate for 2020 and 2021—Nameeta Dookeran, MD, West Allis; Don Lee, MD, Milwaukee (incumbents).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. Click here to learn more about the nominating process and to download the candidate questionnaires and the conflict of interest form.*
The House of Delegates Nominating Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Sunday, April 7, 2019, at the Annual Meeting in Madison.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to Clyde “Bud” Chumbley, MD, MBA, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701 or emailed to Noreen Krueger.
Note: The Society will post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter in the “members only” section of the Society website upon submission. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees in the “members only” section of the Society’s website after nomination by the Committee.
For questions or more information, email Noreen Krueger.
Back to December 13, 2018 Medigram