The Nominating Committee of the Wisconsin Medical Society House of Delegates (HOD) prepared a slate of nominees for Society offices during its meeting Jan. 26. The nominees, including those for American Medical Association (AMA) Delegates and Alternate Delegates, are as follows:
- President-elect: George (Chip) Morris, MD
- Vice Speaker of the House of Delegates 2019 and 2020: Jay A. Gold, MD
- Treasurer 2017-2018: Julie B. Schuller, MD, MPH, MBA, FACP
- AMA Delegate (three positions) 2019 and 2020: Michael Miller, MD, Paul A. Wertsch, MD, Tosha B. Wetterneck, MD
- AMA Alternate Delegate (three positions) 2019 and 2020: Barbara Hummel, MD, Keshni Ramnanan, MD
Elections will occur Saturday, April 14 during the Society’s 2018 Annual Meeting after the Committee reports the names of nominees to the HOD. The nominees’ biographies, as well as their letters of intent, questionnaires and conflict of interest forms are available here.*
The Nominating Committee selected the nominees after reviewing the candidates’ written submissions and interviewing them for the positions of president-elect, vice speaker, AMA delegate and alternate delegate. In accordance with the Society’s bylaws, the Board of Directors selected the nominee for treasurer during its Jan. 26 meeting.
Also in accordance with the Society’s bylaws, HOD members may make additional nominations from the floor of the House. Therefore, anyone interested in running for a Society office from the floor should plan to attend the Annual Meeting and take appropriate steps to secure a nomination and obtain the votes of members of the HOD.
Back to February 8, 2018 Medigram