The Wisconsin Medical Society’s popular Medical Records and the Law (MRL) webinar series continues December 4 at 2 p.m. with “Data Breaches and Security Incidents: Effective Preparation and Incident Response.”
For physician practices and hospitals, health information is everywhere. And unfortunately, it can be a target for hackers and disgruntled employees alike. During this hour-long webinar, Meghan O’Connor, a partner with Quarles & Brady LLP, will help you understand your practice’s obligations under HIPAA and Wisconsin law in responding to an incident. She also will address best practices for incident prevention and response, including:
- How you can help make data security an organizational priority.
- Tips for effective data breach preparation.
- How you can respond to a data breach, from preparation to discovery and remediation.
Click here for more program details.
Presented by health care law attorneys from Quarles and Brady, LLC, each of the seven webinars in the MRL series has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and is available on-demand following the live program. Additional upcoming webinars are:
- Mental Health, AODA and Patient Records, January 15 at 2 p.m. Click here for details.
- Family, Minors and Guardians, February 5 at 10:30 a.m. Click here for details.
- Medical Records Basics, March 19 at 2 p.m. Click here for details.
In addition, “Disclosures to Law Enforcement: Confidentiality Considerations” and “Navigating a Provider’s Ability to Charge Copy Fees and a Patient’s Right to Access Records” are now available on-demand. “Cameras and Patient Recordings: Maintaining Patient Privacy and Confidentiality,” recorded yesterday, will be available soon.
Each webinar may be purchased individually, or special pricing is available for the entire series. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to November 29, 2018 Medigram