Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance and Financial Services, now doing business as WisMed Assure, has been awarded ProAssurance’s 2018 Philanthropic Award for outstanding contributions to the community and its profession.
“It’s an incredible honor to receive this award, and it’s only through a true team effort with the Wisconsin Medical Society (Society) and the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation (Foundation) that we are able to carry out philanthropic efforts that support our community and the medical professionals we serve,” said Agency President Shawna Bertalot, CIC, ACI, who accepted the award during ProAssurance’s 2018 Leadership Circle Meeting in Las Vegas.
WisMed Assure is the only Wisconsin-based insurance firm exclusively serving the medical community, and its profits go back to the Society to support its mission of advancing the health of the people of Wisconsin. WisMed Assure also works closely with the Foundation, which is dedicated to supporting future physicians as well as physician-championed public health programs.
Some of the philanthropic efforts for which they were recognized include:
- Providing nearly $750,000 in scholarships, student loans, awards and leadership opportunities each year.
- Grants to support timely public health initiatives and research.
- Sponsorship funds to hospital/health foundations and annual fundraising events.
- Internships for students pursuing careers in actuarial and risk management though internships and financial support for a scholarship fund at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Actuarial Science & Risk Management.
- Providing learning opportunities for youth to explore healthy living and health care careers.
“Our valued distribution partners are vital to the continuing success of ProAssurance as they assist us in differentiating our company in the marketplace through their commitment to the best interests of our insureds and potential customers. This is especially true of Wisconsin Medical Society Insurance & Financial Services, where their dedication to service excellence and advocacy for their clients match the commitment of everyone at ProAssurance in striving to deliver on the full promise of Treated Fairly,” said ProAssurance chairman and CEO W. Stancil Starnes.
Based in Birmingham, AL, ProAssurance Corporation is an industry-leading specialty insurer with extensive expertise in healthcare professional liability.
To learn more about WisMed Assure and the products and services available to Society members, click here.
Back to November 29, 2018 Medigram