Nominations are now being accepted for several Wisconsin Medical Society offices, and all nomination materials are due to the Society’s House of Delegates (HOD) Nominating Committee by Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
• President-Elect for 2019-2020.
• Speaker for 2020 and 2021—to succeed Michael Miller, MD, of Middleton. (Doctor Miller is eligible for reelection.)
• AMA Delegate for 2020 and 2021 (two positions)—George M. Lange, MD, River Hills; Charles Rainey, MD, River Hills (incumbents).
• AMA Alternate Delegate for 2019 and 2020 (one position)—currently vacant.
• AMA Alternate Delegate for 2020 and 2021–Nameeta Dookeran, MD, West Allis; Don Lee, MD, Milwaukee (incumbents).
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. The candidate questionnaire forms are available here.*
The House of Delegates Nominating Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, at 4 p.m. at Society Headquarters in Madison. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the House of Delegates on Sunday, April 7, 2019, at the Annual Meeting in Madison.
Those serving on 2018-2019 House of Delegates Nominating Committee are:
• District 1—Arthur Angove, DO, of New Berlin; Joshua Gershtenson, MD, of Kenosha; David Galbis-Reig, MD, of Racine; Michelle Graham, MD, of Milwaukee; Hammand Haider-Shah, MD, of Milwaukee; Cynthia Jones-Nosacek, MD, of Milwaukee; Andrew Kastenmeier, MD, of Milwaukee; Aurora Lybeck, MD, of Hartford; Anthony Rieder, MD, of Wauwatosa; Julie Schuller, MD, of Milwaukee; David G. Tylicki, MD, of Summit.
• District 2—Luke Bradbury, MD, of Madison; Julie Fagan, MD, of Madison; Catherine Lee, MD, of Madison; Sandra Osborn, MD, of Verona; Alan Schwartzstein, MD, of Oregon.
• District 3—Joseph Behn, MD, of La Crosse; Erik Gundersen, MD, of Onalaska.
• District 4—Larry Gordon, DO, of Weston; Kevin Flaherty, MD, of Wausau; Michele Montgomery, MD, of Wausau.
• District 5—Gerald Clarke, MD, of Oshkosh; Bret Pasiuk, MD, of Fond du Lac.
• District 6—Steve Hathway, MD, of Green Bay; Nicky Plementosh, MD, of Green Bay.
• District 7—Cecil Berlie, MD, of Eau Claire; Lee Hofer, MD, of Eau Claire.
• District 8—Cynthia Hart, MD, of Ashland.
• Specialty Sections—Rose Campise-Luther, MD, Milwaukee.
• Resident/Fellow—Sarah Slocum, MD, of Milwaukee.
• Medical Students—Patricia Toro-Perez, Medical College of Wisconsin; Robert Sterner, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to Clyde “Bud” Chumbley, MD, MBA, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701. Communications also can be emailed to Noreen Krueger. Click here to learn more about the nominating process and to download the candidate questionnaires and the conflict of interest form.*
Note: The Society will post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter in the “members only” section of the Society website upon submission. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees in the “members only” section of the Society’s website after nomination by the Committee.
For questions or more information, e-mail Noreen Krueger.
Back to October 11, 2018 Medigram