Navigating the Transition Zone: From Adolescence through Young Adulthood,* April 17 and 18 in Madison, will include sessions focused on mental and behavioral health. Saturday’s keynote, presented by Pamela McGranahan, DNP, RN, will discuss the prevalence and impacts of trauma and the science behind trauma-informed care. Additionally, Friday’s topics include substance abuse, mental health for preadults, bullying and emotional trauma as a determinant of youth development.
Developed as a partnership between the Wisconsin Medical Society, the Medical College of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, this conference is designed for physicians and other members of the health care team to gain valuable insight on topics that are relevant across specialties. All events are at the Menona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Madison, WI.
Contact Brianna Farwell at 608.442.3791 with questions.
* This conference has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and AAFP Credit.
Plan your weekend! The Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Dinner and Silent Auction will be from 5 pm – 8:30 pm on Friday, April 17 and the Society House of Delegates meeting will be on Sunday, April 19.
2020 WisMed Annual Meeting weekend schedule
- Friday, April 17, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Navigating the Transition Zone CME (Registration begins at 7 a.m.)
- Friday, April 17, 5 p.m. – Foundation Annual Dinner & Silent Auction “Raising Hope – Fostering a healthy tomorrow”
- Saturday, April 18, 8 a.m. – 4:35 p.m. – Navigating the Transition Zone CME
- Saturday, April 18, 4:40 – 6:30 p.m. – Networking & Exhibit Reception
- Saturday, April 18, 6:30 p.m. – President’s Inauguration and Awards Ceremony
- Sunday, April 19, 7:30 a.m. – New delegate orientation
- Sunday, April 19 – Caucus meetings
- 7:30 a.m. – Medical Students Section Caucus (Tentative)
- 7:30 a.m. – Resident Fellow Section Caucus (Tentative)
- 8 a.m. – District 1 Caucus
- 8 a.m. – District 2 Caucus
- 8 a.m. – District 3, 4, 7 & 8 Caucus
- 8 a.m. – District 5 & 6 Caucus
- 8:30 a.m. – Young Physician Section Caucus (Tentative)
- April 19, 9 a.m. – House of Delegates convenes
All events are being held at Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison. Visit the Society’s website for more information about the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Back to December 12, 2019 Medigram