Editor’s Note: The District 4 caucus meeting below has been updated to March 11, from a previous date of March 13.
The Nominating Committee of the Wisconsin Medical Society House of Delegates (HOD) prepared a slate of nominees for Society offices during its meeting Jan. 25. The nominees, including those for American Medical Association (AMA) Delegates and Alternate Delegates, are as follows:
- President-elect: Erik A. Gundersen, MD, MA
- Speaker of the House of Delegates 2020 and 2021: Jay A. Gold, MD, JD, MPH
- Vice Speaker of the House of Delegates 2020: Tracy McCall, MD
- Treasurer 2019-2020: Julie B. Schuller, MD, MPH, MBA
AMA Alternate Delegate (three positions) 2020 and 2021: Nameeta Dookeran, MD, MS; Don Lee, MD
Elections will occur Sunday, April 7 during the Society’s 2019 House of Delegates after the Committee reports the names of nominees. The nominees’ biographies, as well as their letters of intent, questionnaires and conflict of interest forms are available here.*
The Nominating Committee selected the nominees after reviewing the candidates’ written submissions and interviewing them for the positions of president-elect, speaker, vice speaker, AMA delegate and alternate delegate. In accordance with the Society’s bylaws, the Board of Directors selected the nominee for treasurer during its Jan. 26 meeting.
In accordance with the Society’s bylaws, HOD members may make additional nominations from the floor of the House. Anyone interested in running for a Society office from the floor should plan to attend the HOD and take appropriate steps to secure a nomination and obtain member votes.
Society members will have the opportunity to discuss resolutions that will be acted on by the HOD by participating in Virtual Reference Committees, live Reference Committees and the following District Caucus meetings.
- District 1: Thursday, February 28, 5:30–8 p.m., Wauwatosa
- District 2: Sunday, March 17, 10 a.m. –Noon, Madison
- District 3: Monday, March 18, 6–8 p.m., La Crosse
- District 4: Monday, March 11, 6–8 p.m., Mosinee
- District 5: Monday, March 11, 6–8 p.m.
- District 6: Wednesday, March 20, 6–9 p.m., Green Bay
- District 7: Tuesday, March 12, 6–8 p.m., Eau Claire
- District 8: Thursday, March 14, 6:30-8:30 p.m., location to be determined
Click here* for more details and to RSVP for your caucus meeting.
Virtual reference committees will open online February 14 and live Reference Committee hearings will be held Saturday, March 23 at Society headquarters in Madison. Members will also be able to participate remotely via GoTo Webinar. Watch next week’s Medigram for more information about these options.
Back to February 7, 2019 Medigram