Spread the word! There’s still time to apply for a grant from the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation. Applications are encouraged for projects designed to improve health at the community or statewide level. More than $80,000 is available for 2020 grant awards, which may range from $500 to $10,000 each.
Please share this information with nonprofit organizations and schools and encourage them to apply for a grant. While applications related to any aspect of health will be considered, priority is given to the following types of applications.
- Projects with the support or involvement of a physician member of the Wisconsin Medical Society and that are scientifically supported or new and innovative pilot projects, particularly those with the potential for replication in other communities.
- Projects focused on mental and behavioral health and addiction.
- Projects aimed at reducing health disparities.
- Projects designed to reduce or mitigate adverse childhood experiences.
- Programs that encourage disease prevention (i.e. establishing a school or community garden, healthy cooking programs or other programs aimed at educating about and encouraging lifestyle changes).
In addition, some dedicated funds are available specifically for physician education and for medical outcomes research, which may include data collection, analysis and/or dissemination of outcomes research results.
The application deadline is September 27, 2019. Recipients will be notified in December with grants paid in early 2020. For details, information on past grant recipients, online application materials and report requirements, click here. Contact Elizabeth Ringle at 608.442.3789 with any questions.
Back to September 19, 2019 Medigram