The Wisconsin Medical Society is your partner for a successful transition to ICD-10 – the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, diagnosis and procedure codes. In April 2014 Congress acted to delay ICD-10 implementation through a provision inserted into the Protecting Access to Medicare Act. Current statute allows implementation of ICD-10 no earlier than October 1, 2015. It’s recommended this extra time be used to maximize implementation efforts.
A successful implementation will include an impact assessment, consistent communication with vendors and health plans, a focused approach to clinical documentation improvement, code-set training and more. All of these components take time and strategic planning. Continue the momentum forward with ICD-10 and ensure a seamless transition.
Need guidance? The Society and its highly experienced ICD-10 trainers are ready to assist. Click on the links below to learn more about these programs.
- ICD-10-CM for Physicians
- Clinical Documentation and Improvement
- The Human Body: Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology
- American Academy of Professional Coders AAPC
- American Health Information Management Association AHIMA
- American Medical Association AMA
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CMS
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society HIMSS
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange WEDI
- Wisconsin ICD-10 Task Force WICD-10
- Wisconsin Health Information Management Association WHIMA