The Wisconsin Medical Society is your partner for a successful transition to ICD-10 – the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, diagnosis and procedure codes. And although the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has moved the compliance date to October 1, 2014, this extra time should be used to maximize implementation efforts.
A successful implementation will include an impact assessment, consistent communication with vendors and health plans, a focused approach to clinical documentation improvement, code-set training and more. All of these components take time and strategic planning. Continue the momentum forward with ICD-10 and ensure a seamless transition October 1, 2014.
Need guidance? The Society and its highly experienced ICD-10 trainers are ready to assist. Click on the links below to learn more about these programs.
- ICD-10 Summit: March 17-19, 2014 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells. Register today!
- ICD-10-CM for Physicians
- Clinical Documentation and Improvement
- The Human Body: Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology
- American Academy of Professional Coders AAPC
- American Health Information Management Association AHIMA
- American Medical Association AMA
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CMS
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society HIMSS
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange WEDI
- Wisconsin ICD-10 Task Force WICD-10
- Wisconsin Health Information Management Association WHIMA