Username and password
Note: The Society launched a new website in December, 2012 that requires members to use a new username and password. The username and password used to access member-only information on the old site will no longer work on the new site. Follow the steps below to obtain a new username and password.
To obtain your username and password, follow these steps.
- Go to www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org.
- Click on the “Login” link at the top of the page.
- Click on the “First time logging” in link.
- Enter your first name, last name and the e-mail address you use for your Society membership. Note: If you are currently forwarding this address to another e-mail account, this account search feature will not work.
- Once you have entered this information, the system should display “search results” showing your name and e-mail address. This means your record has been located.
- Click the “reset password” link and you will receive an e-mail, at the address displayed, containing your username and a new, computer-generated password.
- Go back to the “Login” page and access the members-only content with the username and password delivered to you. Note: The password is case-sensitive.
If your account is not located during step 5, repeat the account lookup step. Consider substituting any alternate e-mail addresses if applicable or nicknames (i.e. Jeff instead of Jeffrey).
If the system is still unable to locate your account information, please call 800.762.8975 or e-mail Diane Stampfli to verify the spelling of your name and your current e-mail address in our member database.
Once you have logged in successfully, you can change the computer-generated password to one you can personalize and remember more easily. To do so, click on the “My Account” link at the top of the web page and follow the steps outlined there.
If your login does not work, the problem may be any of the following:
- If you are copying and pasting the username or password, make sure you are copying characters only (not spaces).
- Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure your caps lock is not on and you are not adding any extra characters or spaces.
- Your membership status may not be current. If you 2013 dues payment has not been received, you will not be able to access member-only content.
Please note that the Society may occasionally send you a link and password to access protected information such as meeting materials. This password will NOT replace your login password. It will be specific to that protected information only. Your member login password will not change unless you change it.