Did you know?
- The most recent WHIO database shows the annualized billed charges for a Wisconsin resident with diabetes between the ages of 45 and 64 was $34,117.
- Pharmacy consumed over 21 percent of the $34,117.
- More than 3.5 times more is spent on injectable medications than oral medications in the treatment of diabetes.
- Billed charges are nearly $19 million annually for blood glucose strips in this segment of the Wisconsin population.
- Billed charges can vary as much as 30 percent depending on where the patient resides in Wisconsin.